This privacy notice provides information on how we collect and process your personal information when you visit our website or contact us on the phone, make a booking or booking enquiry through us, let your short term accommodation or advertise through or use our services. This privacy notice is separate from our booking conditions and other important information available on our website and does not replace them.
What personal details do Huluki collect?
If you choose to make a booking through us or make queries about a potential booking we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking or query. Information held could include your name, contact details, payment details, address, date of birth, information about other travellers in your party, information about your booking and any additional information you provide to help us or property owners to meet your specific requirements. If you are making a booking on behalf of a third party, this privacy notice will apply to all personal information that you have provided and you are required to bring this privacy notice to their attention.
Huluki will only collect special categories of personal information where this is required by us or our suppliers to provide our services to you or is provided by you or on your behalf or on behalf of someone in your party. We will only process this information to meet your specific requirements (for example where you provide us with health information, including difficulties with mobility) or where we are required to do so.
If you choose to let your accommodation through us or advertise with us, we will collect details such as your name, contact details, address, bank account details and details account the accommodation you wish to let. We may also collect and process the contact details of any third party that you appoint, such as a property caretaker or cleaner, that you share with us. If you provide such information to us, you must ensure that you have brought this privacy notice to the third parties attention.
We will only use personal information when the law allows us to. The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- To enable us to complete your booking or related travel arrangements (if you are making a booking)
- To help us to provide details or information you may have requested.
- To tell you about our services
- To manage customers services queries
- To personalise our services to your, for example regarding any repeat visits to our website
- To tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
- To enable us to advertise your holiday accommodation, transfer payments due to you and provide related support services (if you are letting or advertising your short term accommodation through us)
- For statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services or the success of our services.
On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:
Performance of a contract
If you make a booking through us, we will use the details that you give us to provide the booking to you. This information is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details, address, payment details, information about people staying with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help fulfill our contract with you or meet your specific needs.
If you let your short term accommodation or advertise through us, we will use the details that you give us to provide a letting and advertisement service. This may include sharing your details with online booking platforms, travel agencies, relocation agencies, insurance companies and other third party partners with whom your accommodation may be advertised. This information is likely to include your name, contact details, address, bank account details and details regarding the accommodation.
We want to give you the best possible customer experience whilst respecting your privacy. Therefore we may use the grounds of legitimate interest as a lawful basis to process your information.
We may use some of your personal information for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range or success of services.
We may also use your personal information in the event of a travel crisis or other unforeseen eventuality where we may need to provide your contact details to a third party to allocate our with emergency assistance.
We may also disclose your personal information without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so law or regulation. This includes providing your personal information to public and/or government authorities, relevant third parties or other organisations if we are legally required or permitted to do so, or if we, in good faith, believe that such use is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation, process or request;
- Comply with government direction in respect of NHS Test and Trace
- Enforce our booking conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential breach;
- Detect or prevent crime;
- Address security, fraud or technical issues;
- Protect the rights, property or safety of us , the users owners, customers, employees, contractors, a third party or the public;
- As required by any legal or taxation authority and to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
Who will you share my personal information with?
We may share your information with:
- Payment service providers (Stripe)
- Third party booking or distribution platforms and third party agents and partners
- Marketing services providers
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. Third parties are only permitted to process personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our services.
It is important that the personal information we hold for you is accurate and correct. If you would like to to change any of your personal information or preferences relating to the way in which we use your personal information, including for direct marketing, then please update your user preferences or get in touch with us.
How long will we hold your information for?
We will keep your information whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint.
We will process your financial information, such as payment card details, for the purpose of processing payments however we do not retain any payment card details once the payment has been processed.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e. consent) to use your personal information i.e. email address for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time through unsubscribing to our marketing emails or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your information when we believe it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and those interests do not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your personal information for some of the purposes described in order to:
- Send users information about new properties, special offers and discounts on our products and services through email marketing
- Understand how our users use our products and services so we can improve our user experience
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Michelle McCartney, by email at email@example.com.