We fully understand that making the decision to move over to a property management business for your short-let or holiday rental can be a bit nerve-wracking!
You may be nervous due to previous experiences with agencies, additional costs and the most obvious question – will they take care of your beloved property?
These are all valid points, they may even keep you up at night. That’s why it’s paramount to use a property management company who you 100% trust from the get-go. There are countless benefits to using a holiday let agency to manage your property – from expertise, to managing guest communications and avoiding duplicate bookings. But, always make sure to go with a trusted provider!
What should you look out for?
- Have you read their online reviews on platforms such as Google or Trustpilot? If not, do this right now! It will only take about 10 minutes, and if they’ve received unfavourable reviews, there will often be a common trend, such as poor management or lack of cleanliness throughout their managed properties. If you can’t find any reviews, ask them if they’re able to provide any recent reviews.
- Are they honest with you? Property management companies shouldn’t take on every enquiry they receive. Some properties may be too small or too big for them to handle. They should be able to present how they can confidently manage your property, as well as increase bookings.
- Do they provide case studies from other property owners and guests who have stayed at their other properties? This is very similar to the point above, but they should be able to provide case studies or a portfolio of properties and highlight how they’ve been able to mange their property.
- Are they open about their pricing structure? From the beginning you should always ask the commission percentage they take and whether they have any onboarding fees. There may be additional management and maintenance costs along the way. You can find the way we price our management services here.
- Do they have someone who can visit your property within 24 hours? Some holiday let management companies have headquarters in London or other parts of the UK, or even internationally. If you want to ensure your property is managed with care and love, it’s always best to go with a local agent.
- Do they keep in contact with you? Ask the holiday let agency about their preferred methods of communication. Do they do everything by email? You may prefer keeping in contact with regular updates. Make sure to ask this before signing any contracts.
- Listen to your gut! Always try to meet your prospective holiday let agency in the flesh or at least over a video call. At Huluki, we always strive to create a close relationship with our clients. Keeping 100% honest and transparent throughout the process.
Are you looking for a trustworthy holiday let management company? Get in touch with our team today!